Saturday, April 14, 2018

Welcome again!

If you're reading back to previous post you may notice I've had a name change over all our social media including: Blogger, Etsy, and Instagram.  We're now known as Pond Cypress Studio!

Why the name change?  For a few reasons: 
The old name was very vague.  It was D_Aves_FL, which could be read as Dave's which is my nickname or D, the first letter of my name, followed by Aves, latin for birds. And then of course the FL part stands for Florida. The main problem with this name was when searched, even exactly as written, it was extremely difficult to find this content.

Pond Cypress Studio was chosen because of its uniqueness, and that its easily searchable. But also because the Pond Cypress is one of my favorite trees. Its native to the Southeast United States, including the area I was born, and the places I've lived.  It is found all over Florida and many of the birds I've carved can be found in it or in the same habitat, so it is an appropriate symbol for me. 

My hope is that I can reach more people that are interested in bird carving and art, and anyone that is trying to find my work, can easily do so. 

As always, thanks for reading!

Northern Parula - Setophaga americana in a Cypress swamp at Green Cay Nature Center and Wetlands, Boynton Beach, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m back!

 Hello Readers,  As everyone in the world knows, the last 2 years of the pandemic has been tumultuous and really threw a wrench in everythin...