Thursday, November 21, 2019

Bachman's Warbler Carving 110, part 2

While creating my last post I was going through some of the images of the birds I've carved and came across another picture I took of the Bachman's Warbler I made before it was attached to its stand.

Right now its winter and if any of these warbler are left they'll be in Cuba enjoying the cooler and dryer season we have in this part of the world. Historically, there are a few scattered records in Florida, which is true of its relatives the Blue-winged and Golden-winged Warblers.

Bachman's Warbler - Vermivora bachmanii, Carving 110
In scrubby lowland habitat, which it would be found in winter. 
In the spring, while taking this picture there was a singing male Northern Parula, 
which paid no attention to my Bachman's Warbler. I was hoping for some kind of 
reaction, but Im sure the Parula has never seen one either, and/or my warbler is not realistic enough. 

Thanks for reading! 
David Kramer
Pond Cypress Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m back!

 Hello Readers,  As everyone in the world knows, the last 2 years of the pandemic has been tumultuous and really threw a wrench in everythin...